Recent Animal Abuse Reports from Pet-Abuse.Com

April 10, 2009

Navy SEAL Captures Men Who Killed His Therapy Dog

Last week, Texas resident and former Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell, the lone survivor of a fierce fight in Afghanistan, found his beloved therapy dog, a white Labrador named "Dasy", lying dead in a ditch. She'd been shot in the left shoulder. Luttrell used his SEAL skills to track down the two men he saw do it.

Luttrell got in his truck and chased the vehicle and its four occupants more than 20 miles through three counties, driving at speeds over 100 miles an hour before making a citizen's arrest near Onalaska (TX). Luttrell stayed on the cell telephone with a 911 operator the entire time.

Two of the men in that car have been charged with cruelty and torture to a non-livestock animal. Investigators say they are suspects in at least three other similar cases.

Luttrell received his dog from America's Vet Dogs, a group that provides service and guide dogs to members of the military. The dog services are provided at no cost to veterans.

"Some people think dogs are dogs," said Luttrell. "This was my rehab dog that I got after I got shot up in Afghanistan. It's not just a dog. To me it's like my daughter. I want them prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law," he said. "I mean, they murdered my dog. That's a member of my family. That's murder."

Source: pet-abuse.com

0 comments: