Recent Animal Abuse Reports from Pet-Abuse.Com

August 25, 2009

A Special Farewell -- Miss Paras -- 1989-2009


Sometimes in our lives we are blessed to spend time with an exceptional creature – and so I was blessed with “Miss Paras”, who passed away yesterday at the age of 20.

Adopted by me from Rescue at age 18, we enjoyed just over two years together before the valves of her tiny heart simply wore out. At a petite 3.3 pounds, Miss Paras loved strutting down the sidewalks, looking terrific with her long white flowing hair and greeting her adoring public. Despite rapidly advancing blindness that ultimately claimed her sight, she walked every day to the Town Park and back home so quickly that none of my other Yorkies could keep up with her. Sporting her pink sparkle harness and collar, Miss Paras kept her vigorous daily fitness and beauty regime to the end.

The “Beautiful and Fabulous Miss Paras” and I looked quite alike with our white hair that when held side-by-side blended together perfectly. It was my joy to share her gorgeous presence at special events, including several local “look alike” contests and two Pet Expos in Virginia, where Miss Paras graciously greeted her public, despite her general distaste for any outing that required a car ride. We were rather easy to spot together in a crowd with our pink matching sweaters and pink doggie carriage – in which Miss Paras refused to ride and instead insisted on pulling like a sled dog.

I didn’t enter into my relationship with Miss Paras with any fixed expectation of how long we might have together, just my usual “Every Day is a Gift” credo I bring to all Special Seniors. I certainly never dreamed that this timeless and ageless beauty would grace my life and home for over two years – and claim the record for the longest stay of any Special Needs Senior Yorkie I have ever adopted.

My Darling, your boundless energy made it easy to forget the true number of years behind you. Your poise and dignity in the face of advancing age taught me much, Beautiful Miss Paras. You are and will always be an inspiration for what Life Can Be. I’ll miss your spunky morning “ruff-ruff” demand for the timely presentation of your breakfast, your sweet tiny moist toothless kisses and the softness and warmth of your elegant petite face against mine. As you were Beautiful and Fabulous in life, tonight your star will twinkle in Heaven so brightly that all the other stars will be jealous. That’s alright, My Beauty. You “work it” from Heaven and keep showing us how it’s done! And know that I’ll always be your Biggest Fan.

Your Loving Mommie, Tina XOXO

0 comments: